If you've got some good (or even bad) ideas about how the game could get better, please feel free to add them to the list below. Use the talk page for discussing items already on the list.
- Water - slows your bike down ;)
- display speed
- display max jump length
- Ice (less friction)
- Customizable driver-to-bike ratio (game is easier with a driver that is short relative to the bike). To keep hiscores comparable, make the ratio depend on the level.
- Customizable natural constants (gravity, air resistance, acceleration etc). Make them depend on the level.
- You can change the gravity using lua script with the 0.2.0 version of xmoto
- Possibility for the level designer to prohibit the use of 'rotate bike' buttons (left and right arrows) on the level. The author of across has stated that the rotate buttons were originally a kludge to make the game easier.
- System requirements down! The game is rather simple, and the requirement of a 500Mhz proc. is simply ridiculous.
- Practice mode where the game can be saved in the middle of a level.
- Display during replays which controls were used.
- Unicycle mode for experts.
- Declaring rules for a level pack, so i can build up a structure like "complete lvl01 first before being able to play lvl02"
- Sprites also shown in Editor (Inkscape)
- There'll be scaling issues...
- Different Z - layers. (Stacking Objects in Depth)
- already there, you can put a 'z' param to your sprites
- Inkscape addon that compiles the level and launches it with xmoto (?)
- ! Some improvements in the translation from svg to lvl. It's uncomfortable to subdivide a simple rectangle in 100000 pieces to make it look rectangular. example: 4 vertices wont work- A triangle would appear. ! -->> I found out more. This bug only appears as there is no Delta-Y. like this: P1(x|5)________P2(x|5). Y must have a difference, else it wont work..
- It was a bug, it's corrected
- bounding box of player shown in the editor, (for dimensions purposes)
- scaling issues....
- A parameter for Sprites/Particles(?) that declare size.
- there is already a param for that: 'size'
- No here it comes :P (most probably impossible): Collisions that only happen if the wheels, (or whole bike) is above a block. (So u can pass by and go on top of it). that way nice sprites can be ridden on ;) -- That idea is more for style-level (as my upcoming one) purposes.
- create two blocks to do that, one in the background and one the rider can go on.
- A grid showing the mostly used dimensions of xmoto, [as you convert it at a scale of 100 (percent?) with the svg2lvl tool]
- will see. (the 100 in the example is the new width of the level, not a percentage)
Moving obstacles (a la drawbridges), maybe the ones that repeat a sequence would be best for the game.