- Water - slows your bike down ;)
- display speed
- display max jump length
- Ice (less friction)
- Customizable driver-to-bike ratio (game is easier with a driver that is short relative to the bike). To keep hiscores comparable, make the ratio depend on the level.
- Customizable natural constants (gravity, air resistance, acceleration etc). Make them depend on the level.
- You can change the gravity using lua script with the 0.2.0 version of xmoto
- Possibility for the level designer to prohibit the use of 'rotate bike' buttons (left and right arrows) on the level. The author of across has stated that the rotate buttons were originally a kludge to make the game easier.
- System requirements down! The game is rather simple, and the requirement of a 500Mhz proc. is simply ridiculous.
Comment : who has a computer slower ? In fact, if it is slow on a computer, it is mainly because of the graphical card which must allow 2D acceleration.
- Practice mode where the game can be saved in the middle of a level.
- Display during replays which controls were used.
- Unicycle mode for experts.
Moving obstacles (a la drawbridges), maybe the ones that repeat a sequence would be best for the game.