Difference between revisions of "Translate X-Moto and X-Moto Website into your language"
(→For the website)
|Line 43:||Line 43:|
* get from http://
* get from http://.tuxfamily.org//trunk/tools/windows_translation/xmoto_translation/
Revision as of 11:19, 21 October 2007
- 1 Who can I do this
- 2 How does it work ?
- 3 Where to get the .po file
- 4 How to create the .mo file
- 5 How to update a .po file
- 6 About translation itself
- 7 Need help ?
Who can I do this
Translate X-Moto game or X-Moto website is very easy. This is not technical at all. Anybody who speaks english and an other language can do this.
How does it work ?
X-Moto and X-Moto website are written fully in english. However, the GNU tools gives a mechanism to translate any sentences into an other one. To do that, you have to write a file giving all the conversions (to answer to the question "How to you say ... into your language ?"). This file is called a po file. Then, there is a fr.po for the french translation, a es.po, a ru.po, ... one for each language. A .po file is a simple text file where you can associate to each msgid (message identifier) a msgstr (message string). You can open it with any text editor, however, poedit for windows or kbabel for linux will help you to translate.
#: src/GameText.h:53 msgid "Automatic saving of replays" msgstr ""
becomes for the french translation
#: src/GameText.h:53 msgid "Automatic saving of replays" msgstr "Sauvegarde automatique des replays"
Lines starting by a # are ignored.
Where to get the .po file
When you start a translation, always take the last version available on the link below in the case somebody else updated it since the last time you downloaded it.
For the X-Moto game
if X-Moto is not translated into your language, your must start with this file http://svn.tuxfamily.org/viewvc.cgi/trunk/po/?root=xmoto_xmoto
For the website
if the website is not translated into your language, your must start with this file http://svn.tuxfamily.org/viewvc.cgi/trunk/locales/?root=xmoto_xmotowebsite
How to create the .mo file
# edit your po/*.po file cd po make update-po make install
- get from http://svn.tuxfamily.org/viewvc.cgi/trunk/tools/windows_translation/xmoto_translation/?root=xmoto_xmoto
makeMyTranslation.bat showMissingTranslation.bat bin/libgettextlib.dll bin/libgettextsrc.dll bin/libiconv2.dll bin/libintl3.dll bin/msgfmt.exe
- Copy the the two .bat and the bin dir into
just next to the existing xmoto.mo
- Rename your .po into xmoto.po and it there too, so that in the same dir, you've xmoto.po, xmoto.mo, bin and the two .bat
- update your .po
- clic on the .bat of your choice (showMissingTranslation to get the error lines and makeMyTranslation to build the .mo)
How to update a .po file
About translation itself
- fuzzy means that gettext tried to translate by itself. It's generally not good at all.
#: src/GameText.h:185 #, fuzzy msgid "Failed to update the theme list" msgstr "Mettre à jour la liste"
must be changed to become
#: src/GameText.h:185 msgid "Failed to update the theme list" msgstr "Echec lors de la mise à jour du thème"
What's the last lines at the end of the .po starting by #~
You can remove these lines. It's translation which doesn't exist anymore in xmoto.
#~ msgid "Flip left 2" #~ msgstr "Pencher à gauche 2" #~ msgid "Flip right 2" #~ msgstr "Pencher à droite 2"
Need help ?
If you need any help or want to propose your .po, just write to us here :