Documentation for the developpement version of svg2lvl
This version of svg2lvl is not stable and not fully tested, but you can test it anyway. It requires Inkscape functionnalities that will be available in the next version of Inkscape, so to test this svg2lvl version, you have to compile Inkscape from source.
By the way, the developpement version has only be tested under Linux. So, it may not work at all under other operating systems.
$ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/xmoto co -P xmoto/tools/svg2lvl/
You have to install the svg2lvl inkscape extension.
We suppose that you have do the checkout into ~/xmoto-cvs/
$ cd ~/xmoto-cvs/xmoto/tools/svg2lvl/ $ mkdir -p ~/.inkscape/extensions/textures/ $ cp *.inx *.py ~/.inkscape/extensions/ $ cp textures/*.jpg ~/.inkscape/extensions/textures/ $ ln -s /usr/share/inkscape/extensions/bezmisc.py ~/.inkscape/extensions/bezmisc.py $ ln -s /usr/share/inkscape/extensions/inkex.py ~/.inkscape/extensions/inkex.py $ ln -s /usr/share/inkscape/extensions/embedimage.py ~/.inkscape/extensions/embedimage.py
Then, you can launch inkscape.
- change the way xmoto properties are handled in inkscape objects label. DONE
- fix the xmoto level size. DONE
- show xmoto textures in Inkscape. DONE
- show xmoto sprites in Inkscape. IN PROGRESS
- use list of value in extensions windows. DONE
- allow xmoto to update texture informations when new textures are downloaded by xmoto. IN PROGRESS
- change the way inkscape object style is handled by svg2lvl extensions. IN PROGESS
- create an automatic installation for Unix and Windows. TODO