X-Moto has an IRC chat. Feel free to join our #xmoto channel on the irc.netrusk.net server. This is the place where Xmoto developers, map makers and players meet.
For the list of available IRC clients see here.
Now we need to add an IRC account. Put "irc.netrusk.net" in the "server" field and your nickname for "server name". This will be your name on the server(you can change it later).
Save these settings and press "connect". You will see something like this:
Now type "/join #xmoto" in this window or press Buddies->Join a chat in the main window. That's all, you are connected.
mIRC is another popular IRC client. However mIRC is only for windows users, and it's not open source. But here is a short tuturial if you prefer mIRC:
- The first step is to visit mIRC's homepage and download the most recent mIRC client.
It should look like this when you've installed mIRC, and launched it for the first time.
Then fill out the fields, but don't press "Connect" yet! Because we need to specify which server we are going to use.
- Press "Servers"
Now a long list of servers will appear, but you'll be unable to find our server in the list. So we'll add it ourselves!
- Press "Add", and type in the description and server-address:
- Press "Add" again...
- Then mark it in the list and press "Select".
- Now when our server is specified, press "Connect".
- And the final thing; type in the channel name and join us!